The speedController component provides the perfect solution for playing a loaded Flash movie, or a particular movie clip, at a different FPS (frames per second) to the FPS that is set in your main movie. In Flash, movies that are loaded into another movie will always play at the FPS of the parent movie, regardless of the FPS that the actual movie was published at. Movies can also be played in reverse. A neat slider can be optionally display which allows your visitor to control the play speed themselves.
Price: $29.95 - Buy now
- Control the speed of movie clips as well as externally loaded SWF's
- Play movies in forward or reverse mode
- Optionally set movies to loop continuously (both in forward and reverse directions)
- Pause movie clips and loaded movies at any point
- Set movies to play up to 100 frames per second *
- Optionally display slider bar for user interaction
- Full Actionscript API
- Only 2kb
* Actual speed may differ depending on the browser and Flash Player version as well as other factors
This screenshot shows the properties that can be set for the speedController in the Component Inspector.Macromedia Flash MX 2004, Flash 8, or Flash CS3/CS4 for authoring (Windows or Mac). Movies using this component may be published for either Flash Player 7, 8, 9 or 10, ActionScript 2.0.
Click to view
Click to view